W. Scott Lawler
Phone: (480) 830-2700
Fax: (480) 830-2717
Mr. Lawler has twenty-nine (29) years of experience in representing business organizations in corporate finance, reorganizations, mergers and acquisitions. Mr. Lawler’s expertise in corporate securities/finance law has helped him build a successful practice with clients throughout the United States and as well as clients in the China, Hong Kong, Malaysia, Canada, United Kingdom, Greece, Brussels, United Arab Emirates, Saudi Arabia, Kazakhstan, Turkey, Israel, Bermuda, Belize, Nicaragua and Panama.
Mr. Lawler’s practice includes the following types of legal work:
- Evaluating and reviewing domestic and international investment opportunities that are consistent with the client’s stated business objectives and needs;
- Mergers & Acquisitions, including corporate structuring, restructuring and reorganization;
- Advising Boards of Directors and Board Committees on various corporate governance issues including vetting and selection of executive officers, assessing shareholder rights and responding to business combination proposals;
- Counseling publicly-held corporations in public and private offerings, SEC regulatory compliance issues, compliance with the corporate governance standards established by NYSE, AMEX and NASDAQ, Sarbanes-Oxley Act compliance; and
- Securities law issues related to the implementation and operation of employee benefit plans.
Mr. Lawler is a member of a number of professional associations, including the American Bar Association, and is licensed to practice law in the States of Arizona and California.
Born in California, Mr. Lawler received his B.S., Business Management, from Brigham Young University in Provo, Utah, in 1984, and received his Juris Doctorate degree from the USC Gould School of Law in Los Angeles, California in 1988.
Mr. Lawler is involved in various community services and in his spare time enjoys spending time with his family, golfing, water sports, travel and USC football. He and his wife Amanda have a blended family of nine (9) children and nine (9) grandchildren.